Review Euroguidance Cross Border Seminar 2015
Seminar: 9 -10 June, 2015 | Retz, Austria
Field trip: 8 June, 2015 | Czech Republic
With increasing merging of Europe, the field of educational guidance operates to a greater extent across national borders. The tenth Euroguidance Cross Border Seminar, 9th-10th June in Retz/Lower Austria, was themed "Guidance Crossing Borders" and was concentrating on all the different ways, in which educational and vocational counselling crosses various traditional boundaries in Europe.
Nina Ahlroos, Guidance expert at Euroguidance Sweden, and Tibor Bors Borbely-Pecze, Hungarian senior consultant of the here European Lifelong Guidance Policy Network, were taking a look at various chances and challenges concerning educational counselling, which result from the crossing of borders.
Thematic workshops, a panel discussion and a field trip to Brno, CZ, were leaving room for professional debates and discussions among the participants. 81 Guidance experts from all over Europe were attending the seminar, which was conducted under Austrian direction and with the help of both founding countries Czech Republic and Slovakia due to the 10 year anniversary.
- Program Seminar Retz
- Program Field Trip Brno
- Key Note Nina Ahlroos
- Key Note Tibor Bors Borbely-Pecze
- Brief Workshop description
- Press Information (in German only)
- Event pictures
- Additional Photos
- Online Guidance – Chances and Limits of a Nationwide Collaboration and the Method itself, AT
- Image in career coaching and vocational guidance. The use of Image and coaching games in people development processes supporting self-reflection, self-esteem and action taking, PL
- “Differently” (workshop for long term unemployed), SI
- Innovation and digitalization of career counselling and guidance tools in the school environment in Slovakia, SK
- Specifics in guidance with migrant students, DE
- Do it like the spider: How network building can improve the access to Lifelong Guidance, AT
- Guidance for a Happy Life, RO
- Applying Psychological Counselling in Student Career Guidance, HR
- How could career counselling be enriched by dialogical approach? Between psychotherapy and counselling, CZ
- Guide My W@y! – A European Career Guidance Concept for International Youth Mobility, DE
- Braveness vs performance? Overcoming the learned helplessness with experience based learning methodology, SK
- Bridging the gap by a joint training of teachers and career and social practitioners in guidance, HU
To reinforce networking and the exchange of educational and vocational counsellors in the border region, Euroguidance centres in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Austria brought the first Euroguidance Cross Border Seminar into being. It took place in 2005 in Brnz/CZ. In the following years the number of participants has risen continually, so that in 2015 it was able to offer workshops with experts from nine countries (besides the founding countries also Germany, Croatia, Romania, Slovenia, Serbia, Hungary, Poland). Furthermore, people from Turkey and Cyprus were participating.