POST-SECONDARY VET COURSES
- A high-level vocational training course, lasting 4 semesters
- Also available to adults
- Training available in a variety of specialist areas
Post-secondary VET Courses provide a high-level vocational training programme lasting four semesters (two to three years for adults) that corresponds to the Upper Level Technical and Vocational Schools or educational establishments.
Training programmes are available in: Construction, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Design, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Data Processing and Organisation, Information Technology, Interior Design and Wood Technology, Kindergarten Education, Communications and Media Design, Culture and Conference Management, Art and Design, Mechanical Engineering, Media Technology and Media Management, Fashion, Optometry, Social Education, Tourism and Leisure Economy, Commercial Engineering, Business Information Technology - Digital Business; the Post-secondary VET Courses at Commercial Academies each have a main area of focus/subject area for training.
The next step:
The following opportunities are examples of those available to young people who successfully complete a Post-secondary VET Course:
- Immediate employment in a specialist area
- Undertaking a course of study at a University, University of Applied Sciences, University of Teacher Education or another type of higher education institution
- Apprenticeship Examination (successful completion of the Upper Level Secondary Technical and Vocational School or Post-secondary VET course will replace the time spent training for related professions, or will enable that time to be reduced).
- After practising a relevant profession: self-employment in a regulated profession (if necessary, after completing a qualifying examination)
- Self-employment in an unregulated trade